Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Elements and Principles - 3D Paper Sculpture


Texture- This was my favorite piece I did, and also the one I spent the most time on. I constructed feathers out of paper, glue, and scissors. I created two seperate textures on both sides of the head. One side I used a lot of tiny crumbled paper balls, and on the other side I rolled and glued the paper. For me, it represented small stones and logs. I also used clear masking tape for the purpose for hanging or carrying.


Symmetry- This was the first piece I started and I think I am happy with the result. I wanted this sculpture to have balance and symmetry so I began forming a dolls head with the exact same details on both sides. I added a body with weird legs or antennas just so my sculpture wasn't too representational, plus it gave my sculpture more depth and height.



Focal Point- This sculpture is the more simple out of the three, however I like how it turned out looking very modern and clean. This piece could have been used for the principles focal point, repition, or space. I repeated the same open triangle element several times and then constructed something close to a pyramid. After the pyramid was built I used the masking tape and repeated the same open triangle but would gradually make the triangles smaller so they could fit inside my pyramid. The masking tape color created my focal point and I am happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment